Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Spaghetti and Veggie Meatballs


Mama mia!

Thatsa good meatball!

Alright that was super cheesy....no pun intended *crickets*

Ok I'll just get to the recipe.

Now usually I make EVERYTHING from scratch...but this night...I was way too exhausted...so even though it's not completely homemade, it was delicious and I felt the need to share it. It's so easy, it's embarrassing.




Yummiest "I didn't really do anything, Trader Joe did" Spaghetti & Veggie Meatballs

Servings: 3-4 (depending on how big the servings are, my roommates probably ate about 2 servings to themselves)

1 package of Trader Joe's High Fiber Whole Wheat Spaghetti
1 package of Trader Joe's Meat-less Meatballs
1 jar of Trader Joe's Tomato and Basil Garlic Marinara
1 package of Trader Joe's Vegan Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package
2. Take a decent sized sauce pan and put the meatballs and the jar of marinara sauce together and let it simmer on low while the spaghetti cooks
3. After both are done, toss together and boom. You have a meal.

How easy was that?

Ok so the asparagus...now that's a tough one, right? No. Still too easy. 

Easy Peasy No Lemon Here Squeezy Asparagus  (I'm becoming a middle aged woman)

1 bunch of asparagus
3-4 tablespoons of whatever oil you desire (I use coconut or safflower)
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of salt (kosher works well)

1. Preheat oven to 425ยบ
2. Wash and cut off about 1/2 an inch of the ends of the asparagus
3. Lay them out on a prepared baking sheet
4. Drizzle oil other them and sprinkle the salt and pepper over them as well (I usually roll the asparagus back and forth on the pan to get all the oil and seasoning on them)
5. Put in over for about 10-12 minutes and then serve!

I promise once I start making things in the weeks to come and can take pictures of them, I promise they will be actual recipes, not just thrown together meals :D

No comments:

Post a Comment