Thursday, May 16, 2013

Paleo "Red Lobster" Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Ok so growing up I was OBSESSED with Red Lobster. ❤


I went there every birthday with my dad for like 10 years straight.

I loved their banana foster cheesecake (I need to recreate that recipe and make it clean....)


I was also especially in love with their Cheddar Bay biscuits!

But they are in NO way clean and definitely not paleo...

So after some late night research,  I developed my own recipe and came up with these!

They are pretty much close to perfection. I feel like you could make them healthy, but not paleo and they might be a little bit more like a "biscuit", but to me they tasted very similar!



I did it as a "mug biscuit" instead of a normal mug cake haha, so it's single serving


Paleo "Red Lobster" Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Servings: 1


2 tbsp flaxseed

1 tbsp almond flour

1/4 tsp cream of tartar

1/4 tsp garlic powder (or just 1/8 but I love garlic)

sprinkle of ground mustard

Pinch of sea salt

Sprinkle of turmeric

1/8 tsp smoked paprika

1 tbsp nutritional yeast (I know it's up for debate whether this is paleo or not, but either way, this is a MUST, do not omit)

2 tbsp non-dairy milk

1 tbsp ghee (if you don't have ghee, you could possibly use soy free Earth Balance butter, not 100% paleo, but it's close!)

1 tsp tahini (or another kind of nut butter, no PB though)

1/2 tsp minced garlic

1 egg  (or egg white)


Topping:

-melted ghee (or the earth balance butter)

-parsley flakes

-garlic powder

-sea salt



1. Get a mug and spray the inside down with a clean cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray)

2. Add all the dry ingredients to the mug and whisk till combined.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk by hand for 30 secs

4. Place in the microave for 1:30-45 seconds

5. Take out of the microwave and let cool for a minute

6. Turn it over onto a plate and brush it over with melted ghee, sprinkled the parsley, garlic powder, and sea salt and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment