Tuesday, February 26, 2013

5 Ingredient Almond Joy Ice Cream



Random fact of the day: I HATED Almond Joys growing up

I thought they were so gross and actually anything with coconut made me want to gag...the texture freaked me out...but now...I'm in love with ANYTHING coconut.

Which pairs well with my insatiable love for ice cream.

So with that, I now bless you people with this amazing yet simple recipe


Healthy 5-ingredient Almond Joy Ice Cream

2 bananas, peeled and sliced and frozen overnight
splash or two of coconut milk (to help blend)
2 tablespoons unsweetned shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 tablespoon unsweetned cocoa powder
optional: extra almonds and shredded coconut to top it all with

1. Throw bananas into food processor or blender with the coconut milk and blend on low for about 10-15 seconds, 2. Then blend on high for about 30-40 seconds until most of banana is a smooth ice cream like texture
3. Add the unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped almonds, and unsweetened cocoa powder and pulse for about another 20 seconds *make sure you pulse after adding the ingredients NOT blend as to not completely pulverize all the added ingredients
4. Add some extra almonds and shredded coconut on top if you like and try not to eat it all in the next....oh ok, you're finished...well alright..

No comments:

Post a Comment