Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bump's On a Log (celery, PB, & cranberries)


Ahh nostalgia at it's finest...now I know you're thinking...Alexis, do we really need a recipe for this?

Well...no. But I'm going to post one anyway :)




Mom's Bumps On-a-Log

3 celery stalks (or as many as you want to use) 
-Make sure they are nice and green and big
peanut butter
dried cranberries
cinnamon (optional)
chia seeds (optional)

Now I don't give exact measurments because it's totally up to you how much and how many when it comes to these bad boys

1. Wash the celery stalks well (celery is known for being a dirtier plant) 
2. Cut the bushy ends off and keep for a salad or some other use!
3. Then cut the "logs" about the size of your index finger
4. Using a spoon, scoop out some peanut butter from the jar and lay the PB in the middle of the stalks like you're filling a boat :) Don't put too much or they will overflow and that's a mess you do not want (or maybe you do...)
5.Take a few cranberries and place them along the celery "log"
6. This is optional but I usually add an extra little health kick by dashing some cinnamon as well as sprinkling some chia seeds on top. Both have awesome health benefits, so it makes these little treats just a little extra healthier.

2 comments:

  1. Yumm!! I am making these for a snack tomorrow. Love the cranberry idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you like them! Such a childhood snack for me and my mom used raisins, but now, being more healthier, I use 50% less sugar dried cranberries! I love the cinnamon on them. I make them as a snack for my meal prep all the time :)

      Delete