Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Homemade Bread Crumbs



Yes, if you haven't noticed all these posts have been from instagram....but it's only because I'm trying to get some kind of posts on here! I need to build people!

Here is my simple take on homemade bread crumbs




1 loaf of day old bread (I used Trader Joe's Flaxseed Ciabatta Bread
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoons dried basil
sprinkle of dried rosemary
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 300°
2. Cut up the bread into small pieces, and process the cubes in a food processor until they are coarse (NOT fine)
3. Spread the crumbs on a baking sheet and dry crumbs in the oven for about 10-15 minutes (make sure you stir them around a bit halfway through, then let them cool
4. After the bread crumbs cool, throw them in a food processor with the seasonings, and pulse it until the crumbs become fine and well mixed with the seasonings!
5. Store in a container once they have cooled all the way and enjoy for a sunny day! :D

2 comments:

  1. Alexis...it would be great if you were on Pinterest. I resisted Pinterest for a long time, but find now it is a great place to organize all my vegan recipes that I love, want to try, etc. I would love to "pin" your mac and cheese recipe to my dinner board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a pinterest I just haven't used it in SO long. Maybe I should start pinning again!

      Delete