Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Proats


Oh what's this you ask??? 

Only the greatest yummiest bowl of oats in the world! Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little but oh my.

So I love oatmeal raisin cookies (another thing I almost named this blog after)

And I also love breakfast. So I thought...why not make oatmeal reason cookie proats?!

So I've seen different recipes but I was feeling good this morning and decided to go at these bad boys blind. And the end result:


Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Proats

3/4 cup of non-dairy milk
1/2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of steel cut oats
1/3 cup of raisins
spoonful of vanilla protein powder
1 tsp 100% pure maple syrup
spoonful of soy yogurt
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
dash of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
optional; walnuts and sunflower seeds

1. Bring coconut milk to a boil and add chia sees and vanilla right as it starts to boil
2. Add the oats and stir and add the raisins soon after (I like the texture of the raisins when I let them cook for a while)
3. Reduce heat and cover for 5-7 minutes
4. During those 5-7 minutes, periodically added the vanilla protein powder, maple syrup, yogurt, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg
*now I added just a few nuts (walnuts) and seeds (sunflower) in mine because I like to but you obviously can omit.  5. Stir in each ingredient well and then let cool for 1 minute and dig in!



No comments:

Post a Comment