Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Soyrizo Scramble...hot, hot, hot






Ahh I feel so giddy! This was my first homemade vegan meal I made a few weeks ago and the verdict was:
A-MA-ZING

The soyrizo is soooooo good, definitely a favorite. Oh and be warned, the soy chorizo has a bit of a kick to it.

Oh and the giant #soyrizo link I bought? $1.99 at Trader Joe's





So with all that said, here is my Vegan Soyrizo Scramble:

1 small white mushroom, chopped
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped squash
3/4 cup of mixed bell peppers
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo (that's about 2 inches of the link cut off)
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup of vegan shredded cheese
optional:micro greens

1. Take mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, squash, and bell peppers and sauté them in a pan with oil for about 5-6 minutes
2.Toss together the soyrizo (make sure to take casing off before cooking it) and spinach and then throw into pan and saute everything for another 2-3 minutes
3. Put in a bowl and top with cheese and micro greens

*In the picture there are sliced potatoes which you are more than welcome to add, but I tend to leave them out if I'm aiming for a low carb day.

-If you do decided to add them, saute those for a good 15 minutes or more before adding to the scramble.



No comments:

Post a Comment