Thursday, February 28, 2013

Peas and Squash

So you want to eat more veggies now, do ya?

Well I have a solution....or at least another way to add them to your diet!

Simple, yet delicious idea and I really like the combo



The colors! Love em'!

Ok, so I know it sounds like something your mom had to force feed you when you were a kid, but come on! We are adults now (or at least we are trying to act like it)

Our taste buds have expanded past the chicken fingers and PB&J sandwich horizon!

Onward now! To the veggies!

Simple Peas and Squash Bowl:

8oz (1 cup) frozen peas
1/2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 tbsp oil (I used safflower)
red pepper flakes
turmeric
black pepper
sea salt
garlic powder
cooking spray (I use Spectrum's Coconut Oil Spray) I found it at Ralph's and I use it ALL the time

1. Cook frozen peas according to bag
2. While the peas are cooking take the sliced squash and toss into a bowl with the oil and seasoning and coat evenly
3. In medium skillet, spray with cooking spray, lay the squash down and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping until both sides are cooked and the squash becomes soft.
                                           

4. After both the peas and squash are done, toss them both together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment