Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Mug Cake...and my San Fran trip!

AHH I'm so sorry!

I've been seriously MIA for so long! I've been crazy busy, plus my friend just came to visit and we took a trip to San Fran which was AMAZING.

I loved it! Such a gorgeous city I want to move there....maybe one day

I did however cheat...not A LOT....but I drank beer and consumed quite a bit of wheat :(

But I'm getting back on track! Today was a good day for me! No binges! No cheats! I love it!




Here are some pictures of the trip.....well mainly Alcatraz haha

We went to Alcatraz which I was SO excited about because I've been waiting to go there for so long!






Now onto the recipe! I've made mug cakes before but this one seemed to be extra perfect.

Chocolate Coconut Mug Cake

Servings: 1

2 1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal
5 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (or less if you don't love coconut as much as I do...I have a problem)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
a dash of cardamom (optional)
tiny sprinkle of sea salt
2 1/2 tbsp non dairy milk (I used Almond Breeze unsweetened almond coconut milk....my FAVORITE)
1 egg
1/2 tsp coconut extract (I think this made the cake)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Mix all dry ingredients together (you can do it in a bowl then pour it into the mug but I usually just make everything in the mug)
2. Then add wet ingredients and whisk it really really well with a whisk...it may seem a little runny but that's ok it comes out perfect!
3. Microwave for about 1 minute and 15-30 seconds
4. Flip over onto plate and sprinkle some shredded coconut and a little bit of honey (optional)
5. Try not to marry this mugcake :D



No comments:

Post a Comment