Thursday, February 5, 2015

The answer to all your cooking problems...."Bowls. Of. Stuff"

I should probably trademark that phrase.

"Bowls of Stuff"

It's seriously my go-to, savior, quick dinner, planned dinner....I mean honestly, it's what I eat 4-5 times out of the week for dinner. And sometimes breakfast.

Call me lazy, but hey, it works and still tastes good.

So what do I put in these "bowls of stuff"?




Well I start with a protein:

-salmon
-any other kind of fish
-ground turkey meat
-chicken sausage

Then I add all my veggies. This can be a multitude of things and literally WHATEVER floats your little veggie boat.

Things like:
-onions
-mushrooms
-tomatoes
-bell peppers
-squash and zucchini (which are almost ALWAYS used in my bowls of stuff)
-fennel

Any veggie works, it honestly whatever your taste buds  desire. But make sure you get lots of color! Eat that rainbow!!

I also like adding sweet potato noodles in there using my spiralizer. Best purchase ever.

So once you chop everything up, take a skillet, warm it up, and add some coconut oil to it then add your protein first, especially if its uncooked! (Sometimes I'll buy chicken sausage from Trader Joe's and it's already cooked so it doesn't need to be added until the end!)

Then add the veggies that need to be cooked longer, such as onions, peppers, or fennel.

You add seasoning as you like it. My staples are usually sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder!

And viola! I know it wasn't super extensive, but I wanted to share with you guys that doing this is super easy and simple and you can have a different "bowl of stuff" every night!

Maybe I should trademark that?....

Here are some wonderful shots of my bowls of stuff:


             Snack "bowl of stuff"                                                Salmon, spinach, yellow squash, and fennel
-Tuna, tomatoes, sauerkraut and mustard 
                (weird I know.)


        Chicken sausage, sweet potatoes,                                     Turkey sausage, mushrooms, yellow squash,
               onions, and zucchini                                                                 onions, and arugula

No comments:

Post a Comment