Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kale Chips



So I probably could have posted a better picture....hopefully with starting this new blog, I'll invest in a better camera.....a girl can dream!

Anyway, these I threw together last night...in hopes to have them as a snack throughout this week...that lasted, oh, not even 24 hours.

There isn’t really a need to post a recipe, kale chips are pretty self explanatory, but here is my version:



Kale Chips

As much kale as you desire, but recipe follows for about 1 bunch
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 tbsp safflower oil
dash of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (I avoid sodium, so you can add more if you like em' salty)
dash of tumeric

1. Preheat oven to 300

2. Cut up kale into whatever size you desire. I bought Trader Joe’s Organic Tuscan Kale Salad Bag so they were already perfect sized. Toss all together and then spread evenly on a cookie sheet.

3. Cook for about an hour, turning after 30 mins. They remove and enjoy! :)

*about half way through the pieces seemed a little soggy so I took a paper towel to them to dry them a bit and then they seemed to automatically cook a lot quicker or you could probably add less oil

No comments:

Post a Comment