Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spinach Pancakes topped Almond Butter and Bananas

Yes you heard that correctly.

Spinach.
Peanut butter.
Bananas.
Pancakes.

All together joined in one happy family.


Yeah, yeah I had peanut butter and banana earlier today, so sue me.

Now I know you're thinking, why would you mix such lovely things and make something so vile...well you haven't tried yet have you? (for the clean eaters and fitgirls/guys you probably have)

Well let me take on a journey...


I made these the other night...




And ate them for lunch today.



And now YOU will eat them soon:

Spinach Pancakes with Almond Butter and Naners:

Servings: 11-12 small pancakes (I make them for meal prep for the week and eat about 3-4 at a time)

1 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk
1/4 cup safflower oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
1 cup chopped spinach
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sucanat sugar (or any kind of sweetener you desire, but you may want to add more because sucanat sugar is very sweet so I use less)
1 cup +1 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (I like using pastry flour when I make pancakes)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
2 tbsp nut butter (I used almond)
1/2 banana
optional: chia seeds

1. In one bowl, mix together the milk, oil, spinach, vanilla, and sugar
2. In another bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix BUT be sure not to OVER mix the batter. That can always ruin a good pancake!
4. Head up a griddle and spoon about 1/4 cup onto the pan.
* It seemed to take a while longer than normal pancakes to cook these fully so I suggest cooking each side for about 3 minutes than flip, if need be flip again but try not to flip too much, because this is another thing that can ruin good pancakes.

Since I made these when I meal prepped, I just took them from the container and tossed them in the oven at 250ยบ while I hopped in the shower.

5. Take nut butter and drizzle it onto pancakes
6. Slice up the naner and place it beautifully on top the mountain (more like tiny hill) of pancakes
7. Sprinkle chia seeds on top for an extra protein kick and enjoy!

So delicious and can't wait to eat then later on in the week

Yes, I know I put chia seeds on everything. I NEED MY PROTEIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment