Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cinnamon Kettlecorn Popcorn

Late night snacking...I'm the queen at that.


And a sweet tooth? 

Yes, why yes I cannot control it. I feed it when it needs to be fed because if not, it will attack with a vengeance later

Ok so this is another one of those simple recipe posts, but I just discovered a little secret that I'm such I'm not the first person to discover this, but here ya go.


So I may be the only one with this problem, but I like to add different (healthy) things to my popcorn. 



I buy the healthy unsalted or lightly salted kind and then I'll add cinnamon or make it spicy with cumin or curry...but I always seem to have the problem of all the spices really never... sticking to the popcorn.

So I threw the pop corn in a bowl, put it in the microwave for 40 seconds, and then...here it comes...the secret...

I sprayed it with just a little bit of coconut oil spray! And the tossed it with some cinnamon, a tiny bit of sea salt, and a teeny tiny bit of coconut sugar and guess what...IT STUCK. YAY. I'm a happy camper.

I always knew the idea of just tossing it with some oil, but that gets to be TOO much oil. I only wanted a little bit!



Cinnamon Kettlecorn Popcorn:

1 cup Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Air Popped Popcorn
coconut oil spray 
sprinkle of cinnamon
small pinch of sea salt
small pinch of coconut sugar

1. Follow the instructions above in my rambling! ^^^ :)

*You could use another kind of (healthy) cooking spray but I suggest using the coconut oil spray here because it gave the popcorn a nice coconutty flavor that I just adore.






No comments:

Post a Comment