Wednesday, March 20, 2013

To Die For Coconutty Coconut Cake


So you're probably wondering what that Panang Curry is doing in this post...

Well when I made this bread, I took it over to my friend Natalie's house for her birthday and we ordered out from the Vegan House in Hollywood.

And let me tell you...this was AMAZING. Both dishes that is.


But I'll get to this coconut cake recipe...I searched and searched different (non) vegan recipes for coconut cupcakes and then mixed a whole bunch of different ideas together to come up with this:

To Die For Coconutty Coconut Cake:

Servings: 6-7 slices

3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup light coconut milk
2/3 cup coconut sugar (You can use less if you don't want it SUPER sweet but I love the sweetness)
 a splash of apple cider vinegar (do NOT leave out. I think this makes the cake)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or maple syrup)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 
Optional: poppy seeds (topping)


1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Spray a loaf pan with coconut oil spray (So. Much. Coconut. But I LOVE it)
3. Mix the two flours, baking powder, and baking soda
4. In another bowl, mix the oil, coconut milk, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until smooth.
6. Fold in the unsweetened coconut.
7. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes. Stick a knife in the middle to check to see if it needs more time, mine did.
8. Add poppy seeds, slice, and enjoy the coconut explosion :D



No comments:

Post a Comment