Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vegan "Beef" Stir Fry

Ah I've been so M.I.A lately! Super busy but i'm making money so that's good.

A tiny update on my life if anyones interested...I'll make it short and sweet (mmm sweet)

Ok sorry I get distracted...

A few things:


  • I got an awesome new babysitting job that pays well and the parents not only need me to babysit but they want me to make sure the kids are more active and that they eat healthier...how perfect for me!
  • My car got towed the other day because of unpaid parking tickets...I got help from my dad but had to pay about $700 that day to get everything taken care of. Lesson learned for sure.
  • My sister is coming to visit in 6 days! I'm SO excited. I haven't had any family visit me since I moved here. I'm such a mom too because I have everything planned down to a T. From where we are going and how long we are staying there and of course healthy snacks packed for long days!
Ok that's about all I will bore you with :)

Now onto the reason you are even here...the recipe.




I made this up last night and it turned out perfect the first time!

Vegan "Beef" Stir Fry:

Sauce:

1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons rice vinegar

2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos

2 teaspoons maple syrup

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon cloves

1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1. Add all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside

Stir-fry

3 cups broccoli florets

2 cups peas (or any other vegetable you want)

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

a pinch of salt

2 cups of cooked lentils

1 tablespoon safflower oil (or any other oil)

2 teaspoons sesame seeds

3 cups cooked brown rice

1. Heat a large frying pan and add 1 cup of water, and bring to a boil

2. Add veggies, reduce heat and cover with a lid or place a big piece of foil on top and steam for 5 minutes. After it's done just set the veggies aside

3. In a medium bowl, add lentils and mash then only SLIGHTLY and then add garlic, ginger, and salt and mix until well combined. *I had just cooked my lentils so they were still hot. If you have lentils that are cooked, but aren't heated up, just put them in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes and then add these ingredients.

4. Add sesame seeds, sauce, veggies, and then you can put everything back in the large frying pan to heat it up if you'd like. Add it to the cooked rice, serve, and enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment