Monday, March 18, 2013

Holy Moly! Cauliflower Vegan Mac and Cheese

So you're about to witness the tastiest recipe EVER.

Ok, like usual, I'm exaggerating a little...but this is so good


Too bad it isn't mine :'(

BUT I did make it my own by putting my own little twist on it!



So I present you with my version of Oh She Glows Vegan Mac and Cheese:

Servings: 6-8 (1 cup)


1 head of cauliflower (sepearted into florets and chopped coarsely
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup plain Almond Breeze (may use other non-dairy milk)
3/4 cup nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt (I use 1/2 tsp because I like low sodium things)
1/2 teaspoon garlic puree (I just mashed up some minced garlic)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoons tahini
black pepper to taste
Optional:
1/2 cup cooked chopped broccoli
homemade bread crumbs
crushed red peppers


1. Preheat oven to 375ยบ. Spray a 13x9 pan with coconut oil (or whatever you have) cooking spray

2. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the cauliflower for a good 6-8 minutes or until your preferred texture.

3. While that is cooking, throw ALL ingredients (including 1 + 1/4 cup water but don't add the broccoli yet!) into the food processor or blender and blend for 30-60 seconds.

4. Once cauliflower is cooked and drained, pour it into the prepared 13x9 pan and pour the sauce over the cauliflower. Here you can add the broccoli and bread crumbs on top.

5. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, stirring around half way through. I also turn the pan around so the everything gets cooked thoroughly. Once finished just serve and enjoy the "cheesy" goodness! I added a little crushed red pepper on mine and I though it gave an awesome yummy spice :)

Here's me...enjoying the cheesy goodness.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till I'm living on my own to try out all of these recipes. I really want to try eating vegan, but going to school gives me very little time or motivation and my mom isn't really interested lol.

    ReplyDelete