Friday, March 29, 2013

Lentil Burgers

Happy Friday (and Good Friday) to everyone!

I've been in a pretty awesome mood all day today :)

And I had my first Cardio Barre class today! It was so much fun and definitely a burn!

I'm gonna have to be doing more of these lately because I just went to the doctors and found out that I have piriformis syndrome and IT band syndrome...so I have to cut back on lifting and running :(

But my sister is coming in 3 days!

Ok ok I know...ADHD...the recipe..



Lentil Burgers

Inspired by this recipe

Servings: 4-5 patties

2 cups of cooked lentils
1/2 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. GF flour (I want to try and use flaxseed meal or another kind of flour next time)
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/2 jalapeno
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 Tb safflower oil
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 Tbs, cumin
1 Tbs dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp coriander
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (you dont HAVE to use this but I like the flavor it gives)

1. In a large bowl, lightly mash the lentils with a fork, making sure to not completely puree it
2. Add the flour. Mix until well combined. Next add the onions and garlic
3. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix until everything is well combined
4. Divide burger “dough” into four (I was able to make 5 decent sized ones) Pack it into a patty form. Obviously the smaller and thinner the patty, the quicker it will be to cook, but its up to you
5. Heat up 1-2 Tbs oil (I used coconut oil) in a nonstick skillet. Let it heat up before you put the patties on. Add patties to the pan and cook each side until browned (5-7 minutes on each side)
6. Serve and enjoy! I didn't use any buns, I just ate it witha fork and added tomatoes, avocado and some baby spinach. Anything would taste good on this bad boy

No comments:

Post a Comment