Thursday, April 11, 2013

Juice Cleanse Day #1 of hopefully 7!


Ok so I know I've been absent but my sister came to visit and we had a FANtastic time!

We ate out a lot (only at vegan places...ok I had sushi one night...sue me)

But it was really just an amazing perfect time!

Here are some pictures!


Sister's first step in the Pacific Ocean


My breakfast in Laguna Beach! Oats with soy milk, bananas, and a dried cherry and almond topping!




Been waiting to go for so long and finally did!

Whoa.

We got some juices from the local juice bar!

My sister, again...Santa Monica Pier!




This was from a place called Lyfe Kitchen. Such a fabulous restaurant but I was kinda sad because the concept of that restaurant is exactly what I wanted to do! Oh well. I had the unfried Gardien vegan chicken with brussel sprouts, butternut squash, and cashew cream sauce and my sister had their veggie burger! Delish! 

This was before we went as saw the Ellen Degeneres Show. A vegan place called Sun Cafe. I had a pesto mushroom pizza with a crust made from sunflower seeds and it was probably one of the best things I've ever had. My sister got a vegan chorizo italian sandwich. Everything was phenomenal

Ellen!!!!


But anyway, I thought I'd include one of the juices I had today!

I got the juice (and it's where I get a lot of my juice recipes) from rebootwithjoe.com

And this one if straight from his site, here

But I thought I'd add it here for your enjoyment!

SunnyG Juice


2 mangoes
1 orange
1 yellow pepper (capsicum)
2 inch piece of ginger


1. Peel mangoes and decore them

2. Peel orange and wash the pepper

3. Slice off top of pepper and remove seeds

4. Cut pepper in half to fit into juicer chute

5. Juice and pour over ice!

This was SO refreshing and tasted just like Sunny D!

You know...that magical juice we used to drink as a kid that we thought was healthy but was literally just loaded with sugar and corn syrup? Yeah...mmmm..nostaglia :D

No comments:

Post a Comment