Friday, March 1, 2013

Mother's Market Grocery & Restauraunt... (AKA the greatest place on earth)

So on this blog, I plan to have some reviews...I guess you could call them...of different local whole food stores and vegan restaurants and then I'll post a bit about them and what not.

So what better place to start than with my first (and definitely not last) trip to Mother's Market in Costa Mesa!



Before I went perusing around the grocery part of the store, my friend and I visited the restaurant in the back, which was vegan.

And I had this:


It was a (my first) vegan burger made with high protein tempeh, vegenaise, tomatoes, bean sprouts, lettuce, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, and the most delicious guacamole I ever tasted. And a side of steamed veggies. That burger was in the top 5 burgers I've ever had. I canNOT wait to (at least try) and recreate this at home. Seems simple enough.

So NOW onto the grocery part of the place.




It...was like...Whole Foods...but it had more options...AND it was cheaper. I took pictures because of how excited I got. #cleaneatingveganproblems


So first I went and saw some lovely dairy options that I only ever saw online:







Then I saw some of these:





And then I saw these two...which I thought were TOTALLY awesome:


Almond milk CHEESE?! What!


Now I don't know what this is...I've heard of mochi...like the ice cream...but this? I'll have to buy this next time

And then of course, I almost cried when I saw THIS:


SO MANY VEGAN ICE CREAMS I WANTED TO DIE

So with all of that...I didn't have to go shopping until this weekend so I didn't want to blow all my money so this is simply what I got:


I realize how crappy of a picture this is but oh well. Here's a quick rundown:

-Coconut flour (They had it for like $5 when Gelsons in Hollywood had it for $14. Pshhhh

-I finally go NOOCH!!!! (Nutritional Yeast Flakes for those who don't know)

-I've been looking for EnerG Egg Replacer for SO long and I finally found it :D

-Organic Coconut sugar! I heard it's one of the best sugar substitutes

-Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful. I'm excited to give this flavor a try because my dad LOVES white chocolate and if I like it I'm gonna be a nice daughter and send him one in the mail :)

-Been waiting to try PB2. So pumped

-And finally, a simple jelly. Sans the high fructose corn syrup!

Hope you enjoyed my own personal giddy fest. Thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment