Friday, March 8, 2013

Tofu Omelette

Oh my,

I've been waiting to try out a tofu omlette recipe after looking at a few online and after concocting my own this is what I can up with

And it was way better than expected!






Except for the fact that I destroyed my first try. Whoops.



The GOOD thing was, that it still tasted awesome, so I wasn't really complaining :)

Tofu Omelette:


1 12-14oz package firm tofu, crumbled
3 tbsp non dairy milk
6-7 baby kale or spinach leaves, chopped
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
sprinkle of oregano

1. Process all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. You may have to scrape down the sides to make sure the kale or spinach is fully blended



2. Heat a medium skillet pan that is either non-stick or spray it down. Make sure the pan is pretty hot before you pour the batter on.

3. Pour about half of the batter onto the pan. Spread it out evenly into a big circle, but not too thinly. There will be a lot of batter on the top, but don't worry, IT WILL COOK.

4. Cook for at least 5-6 minutes and then turn the heat down slightly. Now there are two ways to do this. I suggest option A:
A. Once the one side is cooked, flip it over like you would a pancake. Then once the other side is cooked, you can remove it from heat, add the ingredients, and then fold it over and eat! *If you do this, then I'd suggest cooking whatever toppings you want (spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes) before adding it into the omelette)
B. You can add your toppings on top of the batter, then fold it over, like you would a normal omelette.



5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment