Sunday, April 21, 2013

oh so NOW you're paleo.....

Alright...I know I've only had this blog for what...a month or so

Well people...I'm no usually a "yo-yo dieter" and I try to stick with things for a while, but since I battle with PCOS (which some of you may or may not know) I'm realizing that I need to change some things up

This is from my post earlier today on instagram...come follow my journey :D


After a hard battle with my oh so stubborn self, I have come to the realization that a vegan diet may not be for me. I love it! I love how I feel I love the energy I have, but I also am dealing with PCOS, and realizing some of the things I'm going to have to take out of my diet after recently discovering that wheat (not just gluten) is most likely what is causing me to still be bloated all the time.

I realized that even though I eat gluten free a LOT of the time, I still eat oatmeal almost every morning (vegan breakfasts are a little trickier) and even though they are gluten free oats, they still contain wheat, and wheat is what is 98% most likely causing my bloating.

So...my point here being, starting today, I'm going to go 30 days trying a paleo diet.

I know that's a odd change from vegan and you're probably thinking, "we'll why don't you just eat eggs and fish?" (at least that's what I thought at first) but after looking at this, for the past week or so, I realize that my intake of lots of kinds of legumes may be an issue as well.

So while I'm not going to go off and have a giant 24oz steak, I am going to only really add eggs, fish, MAYBE chicken and turkey here and there and then the rest of the diet is already what I've been eating.

The REASON for adding the eggs and lean meat is because without legumes, it will be extremely hard for me to get protein in my diet!

So the only big changes in my diet will be no more of these things I was previously eating: grains, legumes, corn, potatoes, and salt (but I RARELY used it anyway)

Yes I know I may seem like that yo-yo dieter now but with dealing with PCOS, things that work for me might not work for everyone and I need to find out what is causing my little plateau!


I feel like one of those people you roll your eyes at for changing their mind all the time, but I really feel like I need to give this a try.

Oh and the reason I'm starting this today?

1. I'm going grocery shopping today and I LITERALLY have nothing in my house so that's good! There will be no wasted food!

2. I love jumping right into things and challenging myself. I think this paleo diet will be a bit easier in some aspects but a little harder than what I've been doing in others.

And even though I rarely drink, I read I can't have whiskey anymore but i can have wine! Here's to the next 30 days!

such a dork...off to grocery shop!




So now I will be officially changing the name of this blog to the same as my IG.......

mintchocolatepaleo

Thanks for listening and hope you all have an amazing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment